Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Two VERY interesting Artlicles

So, I have been moaning and groaning about how I should lose weight, but I have found two articles that affirm for me that it isn't always about losing weight - it is about fitness level.

Both articles are about studies that were completed, so always with these kinds of studies you have to take them with a grain of salt, but for the most part I was like: YEAH BABY!

First article can be read at this link: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,401823,00.html
And is an article that describes how thin people are not necessarily healthy. Very interesting and gives weight (pun partially intended) to my idea that I should focus on consistency in exercise, NOT dieting. Although, not eating fatty foods might also help.

Second article is about how RUNNING SLOWS THE EFFECTS OF AGING. Now that is what I need! The article can be read here: http://www.webmd.com/healthy-aging/news/20080808/running-slows-the-effects-of-aging
And again this just re-iterates the idea that folks who EXERCISE regularly are better off than those who don't.

So, get out there and break a sweat, folks. I cannot over-emphasize enough what exercise will do for your heart, but also your mental state. Let me give you an example: yesterday was a semi-rough day at the office. I was planning on going to work out right after work, but then things exploded and I didn't leave the office until almost 6. Man I was so deflated, thinking I had really let myself down and how I really needed that workout but didn't feel like I could go because David (hubby) and Benton (son) were waiting for me, etc. Well, on my way home I decided to go ahead and work out even though I was really late and wouldn't be able to spend much quality time with my baby boy before he had to go to bed. But I did it. And I have to say that even though I had fewer minutes with my son, they were MORE profitable since my mind was able to clear for a few minutes while I worked out. Also, I was a much happier person with my hubby. When I arrived home, David said, "I want you to be able to relax" and I responded with "That workout was the best thing I could have done for myself." AND then I ate pizza with a little less guilt.

No comments: